Unanswered: Update Combo Box?

I have a small problem with a combo box on a form. I have created a form with several tab pages and combo boxes on it. EAch combo box is linked to an underlying table where each new value is stored once. When I add a new value in the underlying table and then I want to type it in the cell on the form and press tab I get the message "item not in list, plz select item from list." something like that. My question now is:

type in the value in the combobox eventhough it isn't in the list of the combo box and access has to put it automatically in the underlying table and it has to appear in my combobox (only for new items of course because don't want to creat double values). How do I do that. I know it has something to do with the "on not in list" property and a requery but I don't know how to put those together? I tried writing a macro but that didn't work at all and I don't have a clue how to do it with VB.

Thx for your help.

Thumbs up

1) You want to add a new item from the combo to Base table.
    2) You want to type the newly entered item as a text in the combo box.
    Combo box gives an error that the item is not in the list.
    This shows that after adding the item in the base table throubg the combo, somehow the dataset of the combo is not refreshed.
    Try refreshing the combo before you select / type any item in it.

doesn 't do the trick. still same problem.