Unanswered: Splitting datafiles

I founded couple thread about splitting but not find same situation what i have.
    I have server with Raid10 with big storage massive, and Test server with two 30Gb HardDrives (not into a Raid or Somethink). I have situation when in real server database grown over 30Gb and now i can not restore database copy into a test server because i have one big Data File.

Can i split somehow 35Gb Data file when i restore to test server to 25Gb and 10Gb ???

Or can u recomend some solutions

At the moment cant to do hardware upgrate.

Re: Splitting datafiles

Originally posted by Eerikkarts
    I founded couple thread about splitting but not find same situation what i have.
    I have server with Raid10 with big storage massive, and Test server with two 30Gb HardDrives (not into a Raid or Somethink). I have situation when in real server database grown over 30Gb and now i can not restore database copy into a test server because i have one big Data File.

Can i split somehow 35Gb Data file when i restore to test server to 25Gb and 10Gb ???

Or can u recomend some solutions

At the moment cant to do hardware upgrate.
    If you break up your production database into separate filegroups, say put all your indexes into the secondary filegroup, you can then back up each of the filegroup individually. I know of no way to split up current backup file.