Question Unanswered: Repost : Hi !.. could use further help on this. Storing Chkbox values in ASP ?

Hi and tnx for reading my post..

I'm using a table to display values picked from SQL where i use checkboxes like this :

------------- code start -------------------
    Response.write "<td>" & varArray(intKolonne,intRad)& "</td>"
    next
    Response.write "<td><center><input type='checkbox' name='chkbx_mistenkt' value='checkboxValue' border='0'></center></td>"
    Response.write "<td><center><input type='checkbox' name='chkbx_pågrepet' value='checkboxValue' border='0'></center></td>"
    -------------- code end ---------------------

What i want to do is store the values from the checkboxes and save the table in any kind of format. I've tried to "file -> save as -> *.html but then the checkbox values are cleared..

Is there any way to do this ?

Best regards
    Mirador....
    Last edited by Mirador; 01-15-04 at 07:24.

I'm not very clear to what you want to do. If you want to get the values of checkboxes, you can use Request("checkbox_name") to get the value if this checkbox is checked.

Need further help. Anyone ? Storing "checkbox values" in ASP.

Well.. basically the asp page (with checkboxes) will be used to "mark" changes to different cases.

Got one <td> to display <%=recset("oldstatus")%> and on the 3 other <td>'s behind that one are checkboxes which might be ex. "Recurring", "On hold" and "Finished".
    It's a huuge list maybe about 2000 or so.

The different departments will, from the "searchpage.asp" chose own department with cases that aren't finished, running a SQL query against the db, returning all cases that aren't finished.
    On the searchresult.asp page is the code i listed on the earlier post above, where i'm altso displaying the checkboxes.
    Here the diff. departments can "click" the checkboxes. Lets say a case have had a status-change from "Started" to "On hold". Then they will click the checkbox under the "On hold" <td>.

So what i want to do is save the page as a file, maybe if it's possible to export this to a "some-thing", where the checkboxes keep being checked after i have saved them. Cause if i use File->Save->*.html the checkboxes are cleared when i open the file again.

Best regards
    Mirador.
    Last edited by Mirador; 01-15-04 at 07:23.

Re: Repost : Hi !.. could use further help on this. Storing Chkbox values in ASP ?

Values that are set by the user will not be saved. If you do save as only the page was requested by the user will be saved.

But what is the problem? If you've created a form for the user, then the changed values will be stored in the database, I suppose. So the values exist in the database? So why do you want to save the page while the data exist in the database?

Or are you trying to make something that is sometimes refered to as a report? : )

Originally posted by Mirador
    Hi and tnx for reading my post..

I'm using a table to display values picked from SQL where i use checkboxes like this :

------------- code start -------------------
    Response.write "<td>" & varArray(intKolonne,intRad)& "</td>"
    next
    Response.write "<td><center><input type='checkbox' name='chkbx_mistenkt' value='checkboxValue' border='0'></center></td>"
    Response.write "<td><center><input type='checkbox' name='chkbx_pågrepet' value='checkboxValue' border='0'></center></td>"
    -------------- code end ---------------------

What i want to do is store the values from the checkboxes and save the table in any kind of format. I've tried to "file -> save as -> *.html but then the checkbox values are cleared..

Is there any way to do this ?

Best regards
    Mirador....

heheh... rofl !.. yea.. u could call it a report.. but..
    the values i'm referring to (which are the checkboxes) are not stored in the database.. it's just for the user to pick out their list, and change status in the checkboxes if it's a change in the status.

But... just thought about.. maybe better to use a drop-down menu with the status-change values and maybe it will be saved properly then ?
    Hmm.. gotta try that out

Not very sure what to do hehe..

Best regards and have phun!...
    Mirador..