Unanswered: INSERT INTO problem in VB

Hello everyone,

I'm using Access 2000.

Overview:
    I have a volunteer database that tracks volunteer hours, information, awards, etc. My problem lies with trying to setup a incentive program that tracks when a volunteer reaches a certain level of volunteered hours. And one alerts with a pop-up window with options on the window of to reminde me later or enter today's date received.

Sounds intense to me, and i feel like it might be a long shot. I'm an amature Access programmer, so I'm looking for an expert to give me a hand.

As you will see, if you download my database-open the form called Volunteers and the last tab is the incentives tab. That is where it tracks the incentives received and date received. So, just to clarify i'm trying to generate a auto pop-up window that says, "Jim Wilson (a volunteer) has volunteered 50 hours and received a t-shirt. Please enter today's date." Then, the user enters the date and the information is saved in the tables. There are many levels of incentives. 100 hours, 250, 500, 1000, etc.

I have uploaded my database for convenience. I appreciate anyone's help.

Regards,

BAF
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ironchef; 01-13-04 at 10:39.

Re: INSERT INTO problem in VB

Originally posted by ironchef
    Hello everyone,

I'm using Access 2000.

Overview:
    I have a volunteer database that tracks volunteer hours, information, awards, etc. My problem lies with trying to setup a incentive program that tracks when a volunteer reaches a certain level of volunteered hours. And one alerts with a pop-up window with options on the window of to reminde me later or enter today's date received.

Sounds intense to me, and i feel like it might be a long shot. I'm an amature Access programmer, so I'm looking for an expert to give me a hand.

As you will see, if you download my database-open the form called Volunteers and the last tab is the incentives tab. That is where it tracks the incentives received and date received. So, just to clarify i'm trying to generate a auto pop-up window that says, "Jim Wilson (a volunteer) has volunteered 50 hours and received a t-shirt. Please enter today's date." Then, the user enters the date and the information is saved in the tables. There are many levels of incentives. 100 hours, 250, 500, 1000, etc.

I have uploaded my database for convenience. I appreciate anyone's help.

Regards,

BAF
    How do you want it to work? Proactively go out and hunt for vols who reach goals? Or, do you want it to pop-up when you've retrieved the vol data for some other purpose?

thanks for the fast reply!

i believe that the processs would be as follows:

once a user enters in the hours for any volunteer and that meets one of the incentive marks, then the window should pop-up and give the user a choice: Should say something like "Jim Wilson has earned a t-shirt for the [hours] worked. Would you like to enter the date received?" and it would have a button that would goto the Incentives tab. There the user will be able to enter the date that the volunteer received the incentive.

the incentives form will have to be open of edits, just in case a date is wrong.

Do you have any suggestions or foreseeable problems with that type of workflow?

BAF

thanks for the fast reply!

i believe that the processs would be as follows:

once a user enters in the hours for any volunteer and that meets one of the incentive marks, then the window should pop-up and give the user a choice: Should say something like "Jim Wilson has earned a t-shirt for the [hours] worked. Would you like to enter the date received?" and it would have a button that would goto the Incentives tab. There the user will be able to enter the date that the volunteer received the incentive.

the incentives form will have to be open of edits, just in case a date is wrong.

Do you have any suggestions or foreseeable problems with that type of workflow?

BAF
    That would work quite well ... Add the hours in for the vol and up pops an incentive msg as appropriate ...

also, maybe if the user doesn't enter the date received when the pop-up notifies them that a red dot (or any indicator) on the incentives tab appears indicating that the particular user has not received a incentive...

appreciate your help--tremendiously!

BAF

also, maybe if the user doesn't enter the date received when the pop-up notifies them that a red dot (or any indicator) on the incentives tab appears indicating that the particular user has not received a incentive...

appreciate your help--tremendiously!

BAF
    The only way to really do that would be to have a separate Incentives table that has each vol in it with each goal and whether it has been achieved/granted ... Simple enough to do also ...

yeah, i think that would be a good move, that way users will know that a specific volunteer needs to receive their incentive.

Thanks!

BAF

Smile help

I'm an amature Access programmer, so I'm looking for an expert to give me a hand.
    Like i noted earlier, i'm a amature with access and VB/SQL. is there anyway that you can help me?

I appreciate it!

BAF

someone

I really need someone's help with this. Like i said i'm completely lost and if anyone has sometime to walk me through how to setup some of what I like it would be grately appreciated. Atleast help getting started.

regards,

ironchef

If you need it:
    The database is posted at the top in my orginial post for download.