Question Unanswered: Filter Records using a calculated field in a report???

Hi,

I am working on a project in which I had to link tables from an outside program into Access. The one table contains 3 seperate fields for 3 different amounts (currency). In the report I am generating, I take those 3 numbers and do some calculations (the calculation is done in the text box on the actual report). If the result is zero, I don't want that specific record to print on the report. Where/how do I code it so the program does exactly that? I can't alter the tables at all, as it would screw up the original program that Access is linked to. Please be specific as I am fairly new to Access. Thank you!

Joe

Re: Filter Records using a calculated field in a report???

have you tried the whole "IsNotNull" thing? In the box on the report, you can specify using an IF statement, ie iif(calculation=0, 0, calculation)- just try playing with it from there...

Originally posted by supersuit99
    Hi,

I am working on a project in which I had to link tables from an outside program into Access. The one table contains 3 seperate fields for 3 different amounts (currency). In the report I am generating, I take those 3 numbers and do some calculations (the calculation is done in the text box on the actual report). If the result is zero, I don't want that specific record to print on the report. Where/how do I code it so the program does exactly that? I can't alter the tables at all, as it would screw up the original program that Access is linked to. Please be specific as I am fairly new to Access. Thank you!

Joe

Do you caclulations in a query with the criteria of <> 0 the attach the query to the report with thoses values already gone and calculated.

S-