Unanswered: multiple values from tables

I have built a table that represents a list of 95 records of a ID number and a location that are in another table.

So far, I am able to get the new table to display the ID number for each new record, but I can't get the new table to also show the location of the ID number in the new table.

Is there any way that I can have new table show two values that are in another table?

Re: multiple values from tables

Need a little bit more details..

Originally posted by rkwrthy
    I have built a table that represents a list of 95 records of a ID number and a location that are in another table.

So far, I am able to get the new table to display the ID number for each new record, but I can't get the new table to also show the location of the ID number in the new table.

Is there any way that I can have new table show two values that are in another table?

There is an existing table that was built to show parmeters of 95 records.
    each record is distiguished by an ID number and a location. The ID number is a 7 digit number and the location is a description.

Another table needs to be built using the ID number and location, but additional parameters need to be added. This table will then be used to make a form so that someone can go through all 95 records and enter values to the parameters. Then the database will be saved for each year.

The trouble that I am having is I cannot create a table that uses the existing ID number and location and adding values to the new table via a form.

I have tried to set both relationships from the ID number and the location directly from the existing table and the new table. The ID number shows up, but the location is blank.

I tried linking the control source on the form to the appropriate field in the existing table such as: =[Stations]![LOC]
    stations is the existing table and LOC is the location field.

I get the following error in form view: #Name?

I also cannot figure out a way in which a default value of a combo box and a yes/no answer will show when I am going through the existing 95 records. I can, however set the default value but it shows up when a new record is created.

Can you post your app here nad I'll try to take a look. Seems like you are missing something somewhere. Something very simple

There is an existing table that was built to show parmeters of 95 records.
    each record is distiguished by an ID number and a location. The ID number is a 7 digit number and the location is a description.

Another table needs to be built using the ID number and location, but additional parameters need to be added. This table will then be used to make a form so that someone can go through all 95 records and enter values to the parameters. Then the database will be saved for each year.

The trouble that I am having is I cannot create a table that uses the existing ID number and location and adding values to the new table via a form.

I have tried to set both relationships from the ID number and the location directly from the existing table and the new table. The ID number shows up, but the location is blank.

I tried linking the control source on the form to the appropriate field in the existing table such as: =[Stations]![LOC]
    stations is the existing table and LOC is the location field.

I get the following error in form view: #Name?

I also cannot figure out a way in which a default value of a combo box and a yes/no answer will show when I am going through the existing 95 records. I can, however set the default value but it shows up when a new record is created.

Attach the File?

Yes

Attach the File?