Unanswered: Strange problem with Access 2000

I have very strange problem with Access 2000.
    Sometimes (it does not happen permanently), when I update DB from my VB application using very simple Insert or Update SQL statement, nothing happens (Access does not add new row or update existing one) and I don't get error!!!
    My SQL statements are really very simple, for example:

SQL = "Insert Into t1 (f1,f2,f3) Values(1,2,3)"
    con.Execute SQL

Any ideas???

Thanks a lot,

Re: Strange problem with Access 2000

This normally happens when there is an error in inserting data because of for example null value etc. If this error is not trapped then Access donot update tables and quits procedure quietly.

Mostly its the data values that screw things up. Try if you are trying to update a field with null values where the table requires you to enter a value

Originally posted by yurich
    I have very strange problem with Access 2000.
    Sometimes (it does not happen permanently), when I update DB from my VB application using very simple Insert or Update SQL statement, nothing happens (Access does not add new row or update existing one) and I don't get error!!!
    My SQL statements are really very simple, for example:

SQL = "Insert Into t1 (f1,f2,f3) Values(1,2,3)"
    con.Execute SQL

Any ideas???

Thanks a lot,

I don't insert NULL values and all updatable fields defined as 'allow nulls'
    Do you have another idea?

The problem is if your procedure works for the most part and fails on some data update then it has to be the data. If your program has errors it will not work for any update. The problem IS with the data that needs to be updated.

Try wrapping all nulls to 0 and all null strings to say "NA" and then try. Also can you somehow see the records that you are updating which your process fails to update?

Originally posted by yurich
    I don't insert NULL values and all updatable fields defined as 'allow nulls'
    Do you have another idea?