I've seen this issue on some forums, but I have an interesting twist.

The error message I'm getting is:

Server: Msg 7391, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' was unable to begin a distributed transaction.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator. ]
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' ITransactionJoin::JoinTransaction returned 0x8004d00a].

I'm getting it when doing an insert into a table (call it table A) on one server (call it server A) , with a trigger on table A that inserts into a table (call it table B) on a linked server (call it server B) . Table B also has a trigger, but from that point on, everything is contained on server B.

I've seen this issue posted in the past, but my twist is that I don't always get this error message. I can change one of the data values being inserted so that the trigger on Table B updates a different row, and I don't get this error message! That would lead me to believe that DTC has a good installation and that it's not a Firewall issue, which were the only other causes I saw.

Any ideas??? I'm desperate!!!