Are you getting any errors? Which versions of Oracle/MS Access? Is the user defined in the ODBC connection owner of the tables that are not visible? If not, can you see those tables when you log on to Oracle as the user that is configured for ODBC access?
What happens when to log on to oracle for the user ? Can you see the tables and the data ? If not, it means that the user does not have the previleges to see the tables and / or the data.
In this case you will not be able to see it from access also.
Is this the case. Check.
- You are not getting any errors
- You are running Oracle 8i (anything from 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.11) [BTW Are you aware of OS that Oracle runs on (Unix, Windows, ...)?]
- You are running Access 2000 on your computer
- You are running TOAD
- Logged as the same user, TOAD can see the tables that Access can't.
- You do not seem to be aware if the user you are using is owner of the tables or not.
Q1 - can you check your settings of the ODBC connection?
Q2 - can you set the ODBC logging on your PC?
Q3 - do you see the tables that you can't see in Access in the TOAD schema navigator?
Q4 - If you do - is the schema owner same as user?
Q5 - (I appologise if this question seems insulting, it is not intended to be) Did you, by chance, look for the <owner>.<table name> under different usernames/owners?
Q6 - logged in TOAD issue following query in SQL Window:
select * from all_objects where object_name = '<the name of one of the tables you can't see [uppercase]>'