Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2

    Unanswered: The process could not execute 'sp_replcmds'

    I know this one has shown up here before, and I have tried the various things to get past this error and they are not working for this situation. First of all I have tried setting the ReadBatchSize to 1 and secondly I have made the QueryTimeout paramter 2000 in case that were the problem.

    In looking at the Error Details within the Log Reader Agent, the following is the message:

    Error Message: "The process could not execute 'sp_replcmds'"

    Error Details: "An invalid datetime value was encountered. Value exceeds the year 9999."

    I can not seem to find any additional information based on the Error Details. If any of you has a suggestion, I would love to hear them.

    I am on SQL 2000, SP3. Windows 2000 Server, SP4.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,322
    You're doing replication?
    Brett
    8-)

    It's a Great Day for America everybody!

    dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

    The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2
    Originally posted by Brett Kaiser
    You're doing replication?
    Sorry, yes. This is for Transactional Replication.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    311

    Re: The process could not execute 'sp_replcmds'

    Changing Batchsize and Querytimeout won't help in this situation. The error that you getting is relating to the data you have in the database. It seems to me that you may have map the transformation from the publication to the subscription or you may have somehow change the DDL in publication without reinitialize it. The mapping is causing problems because a column was not able to convert to datetime. I would try to see what can find in the schema that a varchar or char being used as a datetime column. If you couldn't find any, reinitialize the subscription. The snapshot error log should tell you which table and which column was incorrect, or it may fix the problem because the DDL changes was published down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •