Unanswered: Sort report from form

Is there a way that I can sort a report from a command button. I have a report that opens from a table with a command button. I would like the user to be able to choose from a combo box how the report should be sorted. Is there a way to call Order By or something similar then open the report?
    Life's a bowl of punch, go ahead and spike it.

Re: Sort report from form

Sorting reports through forms is possible only if you have a dynamic group in your report. Then in your report you initialize the form object and see which sort options are selected.

Depending on the selection in the form you can change the group's record source.

Originally posted by DawG
    Is there a way that I can sort a report from a command button. I have a report that opens from a table with a command button. I would like the user to be able to choose from a combo box how the report should be sorted. Is there a way to call Order By or something similar then open the report?

what about sorting a table? from the form.
    Life's a bowl of punch, go ahead and spike it.

Provided Answers: 1
    In the Report Open put this code

Me.OrderByOn = True
    Me.OrderBy = ([Forms]![YourFormNameContainsSortCriteria]![cmbo_YourComboBoxName])

Yes you can do this but only if you have no groups in the report

Originally posted by hammbakka
    In the Report Open put this code

Me.OrderByOn = True
    Me.OrderBy = ([Forms]![YourFormNameContainsSortCriteria]![cmbo_YourComboBoxName])