Unanswered: Linked Server Query Problem

We are using linked servers, additionally, some of our tables are being merge replicated with identity ranges.

When I run a SELECT statement on a non-merged table looking for a constant value, I get the proper return.

When I run a SELECT statement on a merge-repl. table looking for a constant value like "5", it returns 0 records, execution plan says it's using a "Constant Internal table" - however, when I run the same select statement and change the where clause to ">4" it returns the row with "5" and whatever other rows match the criterion. What in the world is going on?

Thanks for your help.

What does "Collation Compatible" show in the properties tab of the linked server?

It's not checked - is that the problem?

Try to check it. Also, in your query, are the fields of char/varchar/nchar/nvarchar type, or they are numeric?

checking it made no difference. I'm doing a select * - so there are several datatypes, varchars and ints.....the column in the WHERE clause is an INT

SELECT * doesn't make any difference, I was talking about the WHERE clause fields. If they are INT then the Collation setting doesn't apply. Hmmmmm, anyone?