Question Unanswered: seeking info on 2-node active passive sql setup

In desperate need of implementing a solution where the customer has purchased a CMS to replace their corporate site and wants to use MSSQL as the DB server type. I have 3 servers allocated to me to complete this and I could use some advice on the best setup.
    THey're running windows 2003 standard server along with sql 2000 standard server. The intended plan is for the 2 servers to become web servers with the last server becoming the sql server. The CMS will reside soley on the sql server and the content for the web site on the seb server(s).
    What I need to know is if it's possible to set up an active/passive node to accommadate this using the items mentioned above? From what I've been reading sql 2000 enterprise does clustering but I'm hoping this version of sql can be used for something.
    Any responses are appreciated.

You'll need Enterprise Edition for clustering.

Angry

Thanks.
    Is it possible that the sql server may not be needed to run the site according to the needs of the customer?
    Needs: CMS to be used to store data for insurance comanies' corporate web site? This site will allow users to access the site and store and view policy information when needed. The content for the website will reside on seperate servers.

I'm not that familiar with sql so I need to know if the database residing on a seperate server has any effect on the actual web site? Or better yet the web servers themselves. I'm hoping this isn't the case and that I can nlb the web servers and have the sql on the backend somewhere.

Thanks

That is actually the recommended setup (that is, your SQL is on one, with allowed access coming only through the Web server with specific credentials.)

Question

So it sounds like load balancing the web servers doesn't matter since access to the sql server is handled by the sql server? This also means the sql server isn't needed to run the site.
    Do I need to shift my focus from load balancing the web servers to the sql server?

THanks

I don't do web servers, so for that either someone else may have something to say, or you might hit the appropriate forum. As far as SQL clustering goes, you'll need EE to implement it. You may want to have your SE in case you want to use it for something other than clustering in the future.