Thread: DataGrid

Unanswered: DataGrid

Does anyone know how to impliment the datagrid control in Access? I have noticed several previous posts on this, but no one seems to have any types of answers. I am just looking for some example code etc.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 1

Re: DataGrid

Originally posted by mjweyland
    Does anyone know how to impliment the datagrid control in Access? I have noticed several previous posts on this, but no one seems to have any types of answers. I am just looking for some example code etc.

Thanks
    I used MSFlexGrid under Access97 but not bounded to a Table, you have to fill every cell of it manually through For Loops
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails m$datagrid.jpg  

Red face

I have tried to find a way to use a datagrid in VB with access as back end. But found it very difficult. I could not track the cell, i.e. current row or column in data grid.
    Instead I always used MSHFlexGrids. It is more flexible and offers many useful properties and events.
    Only problem is MSHFlexGrid is readonly. so you must get some text boxes to display and change the data of the FlexGrid and after manipulating the data you have to copy it to the FlexGrid again.
    Finally you can run a loop for the number rows times and save the data in the table.
    If you find any good solution for using a data grid, PLEASE, post it in the forum. so that all the users can take the advantage of it.
    Thanks.
    Regards,

Rushi

Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb

One more disadvantage of using MSHFlexGrid is that its filling with data, if you fill it with data say 3000 rows, it could cause problems with the memory.