Unanswered: Relationship Reassignment

I have a table that I want to make some changes to, so the first thing I do is make a copy, and make the changes to the copy. Now, my question is, how do I reassign all the relationships from the stable version of the table to the development version of the table? I know I could manually change them all, but this is a huge database and would take quite a long time. I've tried renaming the stable table, then renaming the development table to what the stable table used to be called, but the relationships are still to the stable version.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh, and I'm developing in Access 97.

This may sound too logical :why not make a copy but make the changes to the original? That way, if you hit any problems you have a copy to revert to.
    Andy Briggs
    Elmhurst Solutions Limited
    Database Development and Consultancy
    http://www.elmhurstsolutions.com

But how would I revert to the copy of the original if all the relationships are to the corrupted original?

well I guess I could erase the contents of the corrupted one, and then run a select from the copy of the original.....

I'm retarded.
    Nevermind.

Originally posted by tesko
    But how would I revert to the copy of the original if all the relationships are to the corrupted original?

well I guess I could erase the contents of the corrupted one, and then run a select from the copy of the original.....

I'm retarded.
    Nevermind.

Tesko,
    Just what are you trying to change when you say relationships? If you made a safe copy of your table, work on your original (either for that matter) and make your changes. To make changes to Relationships you have to go to Tools/Relationships and cut your relationships there first. Now, relationships are based on Primary Keys usually. So if you make those changes in the one table, make sure you are changing all instances of it in the other tables, but the data type and size best accommodate your existing data. Make it too small or the wrong type and there goes your data.
    Bud