Thread: Technical Issue

Exclamation Unanswered: Technical Issue

I need assistance finding the answer to the infamous question "Is it a network issue, or the DB" Here is the error "1354 ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Cannot perform more than one read". Any information would be greatly appreciated...

Re: Technical Issue

Originally posted by hughesr
    I"Is it a network issue, or the DB"
    Neither... looks like a Open Client issue and possibly a bug in Open Client.

Re: Technical Issue

Originally posted by willy_and_the_ci
    Neither... looks like a Open Client issue and possibly a bug in Open Client.
    What makes you say that? This issue is driving me nuts...

ct_send() is the Open Client routine that sends SQL to the open connection. There can be one or more ct_send() calls depending on the size of the SQL.

You should find out if it fails while sending the first stream or during subsequent sends.

I'd first check if there are any known Open Client issues else then proceed trying to debug the application.

Originally posted by willy_and_the_ci
    ct_send() is the Open Client routine that sends SQL to the open connection. There can be one or more ct_send() calls depending on the size of the SQL.

You should find out if it fails while sending the first stream or during subsequent sends.

I'd first check if there are any known Open Client issues else then proceed trying to debug the application.

Thank you...