Unanswered: DTS to run open file

Hi All

On the Sql Peformance Monitor, I have scheduled a log to give me memory and perfomance of my server and I store the results in .csv file every hour and it works perfect.

Here comes the problem when I make a DTS to take data from .csv to Sql, my problem is, I get this error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". Basically it tells me that I have to close the file before I can run my DTS.

I dont want close this file manually and run my DTS afterwards, I want my DTS to do this automatically since I won't have access to that server when I am finished as I am going off from the clients premises when I am finished

Re: DTS to run open file

Originally posted by msenoelo
    Hi All

On the Sql Peformance Monitor, I have scheduled a log to give me memory and perfomance of my server and I store the results in .csv file every hour and it works perfect.

Here comes the problem when I make a DTS to take data from .csv to Sql, my problem is, I get this error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". Basically it tells me that I have to close the file before I can run my DTS.

I dont want close this file manually and run my DTS afterwards, I want my DTS to do this automatically since I won't have access to that server when I am finished as I am going off from the clients premises when I am finished
    Hi,

maybe it is possible for you to make aa copy of the .csv file and get data from this copy??

Lambik

Thanks, I did that and it worked perfectly