Thread: Database

Unanswered: Database

I'm in trouble, i need to know how to make a relational databse in Access. The database is based on DVD rental system. I have a list of DVD's in Excell, how do i get in Access?

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Database

Originally posted by v1raj
    I'm in trouble, i need to know how to make a relational databse in Access. The database is based on DVD rental system. I have a list of DVD's in Excell, how do i get in Access?
    Open a new ACCE$$ file, go under file/External Data/Import, adjust the type of imported datat to Excel then import your tables

Talking

I suggest that you also look for software for collection handling, unless you simply want to learn Access in this way.

The place to begin, I strongly suggest, is with the sample applications. Look at it, then take it apart. If you have the patience and take the time you actually will learn a lot that way.

However, be warned: you're gonna have a "mind explosion." You're gonna feel stupid... it just happens that way and it happens to everyone. You're gonna feel stressed. I suggest that you keep a diary, and that when you run into a question you "write it down and keep moving," with the question initially unanswered. Look first for the big picture, the forest. Don't get tangled in the trees. Sometimes just "look around, for nothing in particular, just to see what I can see." Go for walks. Take breaks. Eat well. Your subconscious mind will be working a lot harder than you do. The little light will come on.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com