Question Unanswered: ReadWrite Progress91d ODBC ASP

I am using merant 3.60 32-bit progress sql92 v9.1D driver, and I cannot update or delete records in Progress's SQL Explorer or my ASP code. My software vendor, who sells custom programming services, tells me that the ODBC connection is readonly. Progress tech support cannot help because of contractual agreements with my vendor. If anyone learns of a way to write to a Progress 9.1D database using ODBC, contact me at vbeanblossom@kccgroup.net

Thank you.

Re: ReadWrite Progress91d ODBC ASP

[SIZE=1]Originally posted by Von
    My software vendor, who sells custom programming services, tells me that the ODBC connection is readonly.
    Why should you disbelive him?

Re: ReadWrite Progress91d ODBC ASP

I believe. My questions is what makes it readonly and how can I create a readwrite ODBC connection to my progress database.

Currently, I have an ODBC connection in the Progress Explorer under the database configurations. This works for Crystal Reports and reading tables with ASP code.

FYI: Progress Liscenses include
    Client Networking
    Report Builder
    Query/Results
    Enterprise DB
    Ws Ent TransSvr

We are not running the ODBC Datasource in Progress Explorer

(Maybe that is is the problem)

The connection is needed to edit a table which contains data used to create a 4GL source file. Using the vendor's editor to redo the table will take 3 or 4 weeks to complete. An ODBC table editor will take 2 days.

The vendor's tech support now tells me that I do have a readwrite connection, and they helped me connect with a MS Access linked database with the same logon. I can change & delete records, but my ASP code & Progress SQL Explorer statement still produce an error when trying to delete.

You wanna share it with us? (the error)

I would like to redirect this discussion to the thread titled:

"Cannot Delete in Progress 9.1d SQL ODBC."