Unanswered: DB2 goes down each time a particular query is run

I have a particular query that makes DB2 go down each time it is run. I get an SQL1224N error and I have to do a db2start each time. We are running DB2 7.2 Fix Pack 8 on Windows 2000 server. This same query works fine on my laptop (runs XP) and our staging server which is AIX. They both have the same version and fix pack of DB2, so it makes me think that either there is a problem with Windows 2000 or my database configurations are wrong on that machine. I made everything match to what I had on the AIX to no avail. I made my maxagents greater than the sum of the maxappls but that didn't help. I thought some tables might have been corrupted, so I dropped the entire database and recreated it from scratch, and still have the same problem. The db2dart utility says everything is fine. The query isn't particularly complex in comparision to other queries we have that run fine.

Anyone else ever have a problem with a certain query making DB2 go down?

Re: DB2 goes down each time a particular query is run

I hope you would have checked the db2diag.log ...

Raise a PMR with IBM

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Provided Answers: 1

Re: DB2 goes down each time a particular query is run

Originally posted by dnicholson
    I have a particular query that makes DB2 go down each time it is run. I get an SQL1224N error and I have to do a db2start each time. We are running DB2 7.2 Fix Pack 8 on Windows 2000 server. This same query works fine on my laptop (runs XP) and our staging server which is AIX. They both have the same version and fix pack of DB2, so it makes me think that either there is a problem with Windows 2000 or my database configurations are wrong on that machine. I made everything match to what I had on the AIX to no avail. I made my maxagents greater than the sum of the maxappls but that didn't help. I thought some tables might have been corrupted, so I dropped the entire database and recreated it from scratch, and still have the same problem. The db2dart utility says everything is fine. The query isn't particularly complex in comparision to other queries we have that run fine.

Anyone else ever have a problem with a certain query making DB2 go down?
    From your description I would assume that the reason is specific to the machine where the probelm occurs. However, without looking at db2diag.log it's impossible to determine the real cause. It might be lack of temporary space, or some other disk-related condition, or file permission issue, or whatever.

If you post a fragment from db2diag.log (the file is typically located in \SQLLIB\DB2) someone might be able to give you a more specific advice.