Thread: DB2 User Advice

Unanswered: DB2 User Advice

I need to setup a database for two users, one for each, and I also need to make sure that the user can do everything they need to to that database except add/modify users or other databases. How should I achieve this? Since each db user has to be a local linux user, would I be better off setting up an instace for each user or just use the existing instance and add a new db for each and add that user to the corresponding db? Thanks in advance, Jeremy
    Nothing better than a good ride.

Will DBADM authority on each respective database work?
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Well, I've rethought this and I'll stick to one database. How would one add users to a database from the command line and do these users have to be local users on the Linux system? Thanks, Jeremy

P.S. - I can't seem to find any good documentation anywhere on how to use the command line tools. You got any good links?
    Nothing better than a good ride.

Yes, they have to be defined to the DB2 server OS and the local OS as users.

You can download the DB2 manuals in PDF format. There is a link in "Useful DB2 Stuff" thread above. The Command Reference shows how to use the command line. Security is discussed in the Administration Guides, and security syntax is in the SQL Guide Vol 2.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390