Question Unanswered: Migration from 6.1 to 8.1 error

Hello all:

I currently have a Windows NT 4.0 server with DB2 6.1 FP8. I have 1 full offline backup image that is very old. I am currently at log file number S0001475.log which indicates a little over 1.4GB of logs. I have restored the DB in a different environment and the procedure went well. But when I try to rollforward the transaction logs it stops at 1452 and states that the log (S0001452.log) is out of sequence. Can someone please tell me if it will be possible to correct this error and rollforward the entire log directory.

Thanks

Re: Migration from 6.1 to 8.1 error

Are you trying to restore a V6.1 backup into a V8 instance as a migration procedure ... I'm not sure if this is supported ... AFAIK, a migration using a backup is supported from a previous version (V6 to V7 ,V7 to V8 etc) is supported ...

Well, in any case, you will need a full offline image of the database ... A new version cannot rollforward through logs from a previos version ...

HTH

If not clear, pl ask

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

I am just curious if it is not migration but restore from the same Version and same FP, such as V8 FP3, the system tells me that problem " out of sequence" in the middle, can I have a way to fix the log file? If not, what can I do to restore to the end of log? Thanks in advance.