Unanswered: Can't get into my database!

The database I created would usually prompt a login name with my name auto populated. I'd just click enter without a password and would be able to get into the db.
    But now, when I click ok, I get this message:

Record(s) can't be read; no read permission on 'Switchboard Items'.

I am a member of the admins group which has rights to modify tables, forms, etc. When I check the rights in User and Group Permissions I seem to have rights to everything; Administer Database, Forms, Tables, etc. I set these up before.

I tried to change ownership of forms or switchboard, etc to myself from admin but it doesn't save the changes I make.

How can I get in as admin and save settings to give myself rights? Also why am I getting the Record(s) can't be read.... message when I open the db? How do I get rights back so I can open the forms, tables, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't get into my database!

Just in case - have you tried a "Compact and Repair" on it?

No, I haven't. Would this resolve security issues?

Originally posted by bsarman
    No, I haven't. Would this resolve security issues?
    No, not security issues. I just got the feeling from your description that if it was not certain that this occurred because of a change in the db, perhaps the db is partly - or on its way to become - corrupt, and that trying that could be relevant.

I tried to copy everything in that db to a new one. But it wouldn't let me copy some of the tables.
    The solution I found was to delete the mdw files that were created when I tried to set up user level securities.
    That fixed the problem for me. Although it won't prompt me for a password when I enter the db. But I can live with that for now.
    Thanks.

I tried to copy everything in that db to a new one. But it wouldn't let me copy some of the tables.
    The solution I found was to delete the mdw files that were created when I tried to set up user level securities.
    That fixed the problem for me. Although it won't prompt me for a password when I enter the db. But I can live with that for now.
    Thanks.
    Out of curiosity: What is the conclusion? Either a change had been made to the security , or the mdW file might have been corrupt?

When I deleted the mdw files the security options I've previously created are removed. In reality I could set up new ones.

When I deleted the mdw files the security options I've previously created are removed. In reality I could set up new ones.
    Of course, but had you or any other changed the security settings in the mdw, as far as you know? Could any other have done it? If not then that file could have been corrupt. I am just curious to know what really caused it, since it sounded like you were not aware of any changes been deliberatly made to the security settings..?