Thread: XML Extender

Unanswered: XML Extender

Been trying to get the XML Extender set up. I'm close but no cigar....

When trying to bind dxxbind.lst, I get the following error:

LINE MESSAGES FOR dxxbind.lst
    ------ --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SQL0061W The binder is in progress.

LINE MESSAGES FOR dxxcomp.bnd
    1996 SQL0204N "DB2XML.XML_USAGE" is an undefined name.
    SQLSTATE=01532

SQL0091N Binding was ended with "0" errors and "1" warnings.

Then when I try to enable a database I get an error saying the database isn't bound.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance...
    Anthony Robinson

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please - with sugar on top..."

Re: XML Extender

Are you using the documented method of enabling XML Extender ? (I don't rememebr the command as I don't do it often)

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by ansonee
    Been trying to get the XML Extender set up. I'm close but no cigar....

When trying to bind dxxbind.lst, I get the following error:

SQL0061W The binder is in progress.

LINE MESSAGES FOR dxxcomp.bnd
    1996 SQL0204N "DB2XML.XML_USAGE" is an undefined name.
    SQLSTATE=01532

SQL0091N Binding was ended with "0" errors and "1" warnings.

Then when I try to enable a database I get an error saying the database isn't bound.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance...
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

I actually went into the samples directory and edited the getstart_prep.cmd file to contain the path to the database that I want to enable - et voila!!!

Now I have another question: I've been going through the admin guide and reference and trying to find a way to decompose an xml document into a pre-existing relational table, and don't seem to be having much luck.

Is this something that I need to do manually via the stored procedures? And seccondly: are the stored procedures strictly java stored procedures (or need to be invoked through java code)?

I hope this makes sense....

Thanks!
    Anthony Robinson

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please - with sugar on top..."

I think you will have to use the function (or is it an SP?) to shred and store XML into a table ....

If you go to www7b.boulder.ibm.com/dmdd and search for XML , you should get a couple of very useful articles

HTH

Sathayram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by ansonee
    I actually went into the samples directory and edited the getstart_prep.cmd file to contain the path to the database that I want to enable - et voila!!!

Now I have another question: I've been going through the admin guide and reference and trying to find a way to decompose an xml document into a pre-existing relational table, and don't seem to be having much luck.

Is this something that I need to do manually via the stored procedures? And seccondly: are the stored procedures strictly java stored procedures (or need to be invoked through java code)?

I hope this makes sense....

Thanks!
    To decompose an xml document into tables and columns you would call a stored procedure (part of XML extender) and pass it a CLOB containing your XML. I think the process is described in the document you're referring to under "Working with XML collections" or something.

You don't have to call those stored procedures from Java - the only requirement is that you need to pass it a CLOB somehow.