Help with Crystal Reports

Hello!

I have a problem with a Crystal Report. In my database, I have some people's names - all in uppercase - some of which contain french characters. In my report, the function LeadingCaps is used for aesthetic purposes - but it is not converting the french characters.

For example:

CÉLINE is being converted to CÉline instead of Céline.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or does this function simply not support french characters? Any ideas?

Also, I cannot seem to find much support (Web sites, message boards) for Crystal Reports - and I'm a newbie to this software. Does anyone know of a good web site dedicated to this?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Help with Crystal Reports

For the first question, look for a unicode function,

Another idea would be to do the LeadingCaps conversion directly in your SQL statement, where your provider should be able to make the correct replacements.

Otherwise create your own function something like this.

Find the ASCII value of all the unique french caracters

É, À, È, Ô, Û etc..

é, à, è. ô, û etc...

Use your LeadingCaps function, then cycle through each caracter in your string and if any of the characters are one of your french caracter replace it with the bottom line.

Finally for the help, the Crystal Report site has all the help you need in their support section, I have often used it.

Also, I just wanted to share with you a control that I have been using that has made my life easier:

http://www.geocities.com/scirocco_ha/DataControl.htm

Originally posted by Niffer
    Hello!

I have a problem with a Crystal Report. In my database, I have some people's names - all in uppercase - some of which contain french characters. In my report, the function LeadingCaps is used for aesthetic purposes - but it is not converting the french characters.

For example:

CÉLINE is being converted to CÉline instead of Céline.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or does this function simply not support french characters? Any ideas?

Also, I cannot seem to find much support (Web sites, message boards) for Crystal Reports - and I'm a newbie to this software. Does anyone know of a good web site dedicated to this?

Thanks for your help!

Crystal had about the best support site you could think of.
    After the takeover by businessobjects these guys put the support site away in:

http://support.businessobjects.com/

Choose search the knowledgebase.
    You can also post on their forum if you register. Really works!!

I'm currently testing microsoft reporting services (new product) and I think the days are counting for crystal on the Microsoft SQL server database. You might consider using microsoft reporting services depending on the database you have.