Exclamation Unanswered: Access Update Problem

i try out my registration form on initial computer and it works. however, when i move the ASP pages (javascript) to my notebook, i found that it cannot update to database only retrieval can be done. what happen?

the error message is:
    Error Type:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only.

however, the database properties is not selected as read only.
    please help!!

You may need to set permissions on the folder the database is in. If you are on Windows 2000 you'll need to right click, goto properties then add the anonymous IIS account. I have only done work on a local machine therefore I would recommend research fully into the required security if this is a production machine.
    ---------------------------------------
    Make something idiot proof- and someone will make a better idiot
    ----------------------------------------

Originally posted by paulanthony
    You may need to set permissions on the folder the database is in. If you are on Windows 2000 you'll need to right click, goto properties then add the anonymous IIS account.
    is it the same if i'm using windows XP Pro? i dont understand on the add the anonymous IIS account. can u explain in details? thanx

i found that when i unselect the read only properties for the whole folder that contain the database. next time it will go back to read only attribute. how come?

help meeeee..

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLIM PUT I USE WINXP
    so
    how can i get the permission on the folder