Unanswered: i need to link machines

i have a number of filling lines in the company where i work, layout a little similar to the layout below.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/redtilefc/line%20layout.jpg

what i need to do is to link the lines with the machinery attached to it.

as you can see each line may be different, but there are also a number of lines that have the same layouts.

any tips on the best way to go about this please.

i have attached a couple of tables on the DB below

Cheers

Andy
    Attached Files Attached Files

This looks like a hardware, wiring, or logistics question. True? This forum is for database design questions.

If I am mistaken, perhaps you could restate your question. (by the way, the diagram contains three instances of Machine1 - did you mean to have three separate machines or are they all one?)
    John
    This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

yeah sorry, i don't want to actually physically attach my machines to my database. when i was writing the thread i knew it didn't sound right.

within my database i have a list of machines, and i want to associate various equipment to each line, the diagram was meant to be there as an example of how various lines are set up.

showing that some lines have different equipment on them, but also some lines have identical setups.

the reason i want to capture this data is because we want to be able to capture various efficiencies depending on the number of cartons that pass through each machine, the data is the recorded on paper and then input in to a database, but at present the database on incorparates the filling machine and no downstream equipment.

i repeat though none of this actually physical all is within my database.

i am sorry for any confusion, and hope this clears up a few issues

Andy

Originally posted by Chimp8471
    yeah sorry, i don't want to actually physically attach my machines to my database. when i was writing the thread i knew it didn't sound right.

within my database i have a list of machines, and i want to associate various equipment to each line, the diagram was meant to be there as an example of how various lines are set up.

showing that some lines have different equipment on them, but also some lines have identical setups.

the reason i want to capture this data is because we want to be able to capture various efficiencies depending on the number of cartons that pass through each machine, the data is the recorded on paper and then input in to a database, but at present the database on incorparates the filling machine and no downstream equipment.

i repeat though none of this actually physical all is within my database.

i am sorry for any confusion, and hope this clears up a few issues

Andy

I send your base with the update, see the Asemble table.
    This is an idea maybe can help you
    Saludos
    Norberto

Hi, this is a problem that i thought my boss had forgotten about, but i was sadly wrong.

i have had a look at the attachment previously supplied but don't quite think it is what i am after.

i have attached a fresh DB with Data.

I am not trying to physically attach anything to my lines to automatically capture the data, the data is manually input into the machines.

I need to be able to create some kind of relationship with the DE and Machines.

so that i can easily carryout a search to discover what DE is attached to which line:

So all i am trying to achieve is find out what equipment is associated with line 1, line etc.

Please Help

Andy

What is DE?

Is it a field? If so, in what table? Please be specific about field names that you want to associate.

Do you not have any forms for this db?
    John

Sorry DE Stands for Distribution Equipment.

Every Machine has a number of Distribution equipment associated to it.

it's the tbl_Machines and tbl_DE that i am having trouble linking

so that if i want to see all the DE that is associated to a specific machine.

In the attached databases that I downloaded, there is no table called tbl_DE.
    Last edited by jpshay; 03-19-04 at 13:12.
    John

hhmmmm!!! not happy about that.will try to repost a better example for u sorry