Talking Unanswered: Change Combo Box Record Source

I know there have been seveal posts on this topic, however I think this one may be a little different.

I have a form: frmBudget with a subform subCharges. My problem is that when I select a facility from a list box [lstFacility] I need the record source for the subCharged.cboCDM combo box to point to the appropriate rate schedule for that facility. I would just combine all rate schedules into one massive table, however there are about 400K cumulitave records in the 8 rate tables (this would be way too slow).

I have included a screen shot below of the form I am working with. Any advice will be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails budget.jpg  

Could you explain...

Can you explain a little more as to what you are trying to accomplish? or even attach the db you are working in so that I can see the code? Thanks.

Re: Could you explain...

I hope this helps:

I have a unique situation where I am trying to capture budget information. The uniqueness is that each record in the parent form frmBudget represents a specific project's budget. This budget ( or frmBudget record) is assigned a budget type, and a facility where the project will take place. Based on the facility assigned the available charges and corresponding rates change. Each record can have only 1 facility.

Thus in the subform I need the CDM column to point to the query which hold the rate information about the choosen facility.

Ultimately there will be many projects and many budgets, however each of these will only be assigned to one facility.

For each record in the parent form frmBudget there are many charges associated with that particular budget which are represented in the subCharges subform. One of eight possible rate schedules (one for each of the eight facilities) will be assigned to the sub form for each unique budget and all chages for that budget will come from that rate schedule.

For example:

Budget 1 is a Budget Type 1, from facility 1. Thus the subform combo box CDM will point to qryRatesforFacility1.

Budget 2 is Budget Type 3, from facility 4. This the subform combo box CDM will point to qryRatesforFacility4.

My problem is that I do not know how to change the combo box rowsource based on the selected facility.

I hope this helps!

Originally posted by jmonroe
    Can you explain a little more as to what you are trying to accomplish? or even attach the db you are working in so that I can see the code? Thanks.

Recordsource

Click on the combobox in form design and select source in the properties box. Click on the ... that will appear on the side of the source box. Drop down to the query that relates to that combobox. Example, cboxFacilityOne source would be qryFacilityOne. Try that out and let me know. If that doesnt work, then post the db and I will tinker with it and repost the changed db.

Thanks.