Unhappy Unanswered: Access 97 Memo Field Problem

HELP!, I CREATED A SEVERAL DATABASES WITH ACCESS, TO WHICH THERE IS A FEILD AT THE END OF EACH FORM I AM USING FOR NOTES AND OR NARRATIVES. I MADE THESE FIELDS MEMO'S, HOWEVER AFTER ENTERING A GOOD NUMBER OF INFORMATION I FOUND THAT THE MEMO FIELDS WERE LIMITED TO 255 CHARACTERS. I CHECKED MY TABLES AGAIN AND THEY ARE LISTED AS MEMO FIELDS, WHAT GIVES AND HOW CAN I FIX IT!

Re: Access 97 Memo Field Problem

255 is max field length in Access. So you are out of luck.

Quote from Access97 Help:

Use the Memo data type if you need to store more than 255 characters. A Memo field can store up to 64,000 characters. Memo fields can't be indexed or sorted. If you want to store formatted text or long documents, you should create an OLE field instead of a Memo field.

If your table field is set to the Memo data type then you should be able to store a heck of a lot more than 255 charaters. All I can say is this...check again. Maybe even create another table and test a memo field in it.

Where is the truncated text. Is it in a text box on a form or in the table. Or, are you populating a form through a query?

Thank's for the tip, I will give that a try. Basically this data is for a field report. I created the narrative portion of the form in a table and made a form from the table. I have entered numerous narratives and went back to find part of the narratives were missing, at the 255 character limit. All the table narrative's data were made into memo's.

The best that i could figure is that in the form view I changed the narrative section RETURN function to new line in field, rather than a tab action. When i enter a narrative into the field I was also using spaces between paragraphs, could these two issues have affected the data and field?