Exclamation Unanswered: *Connecting a sub form to a query*

Hey DB Forum people,

I am new to the forum and was wondering if you could help me out with a little problem.

I have a table that contains a field called Location and a sample value would be New York, NY. I have a query which selects all records that match the initial letters entered by the user, so once I activate the query, it asks me for the parameter and if I say "New", then using the 'like' keyword, it searches and displays all locations starting with the word New from the table. All that is just fine.

Here is the problem. I have a form with a search text box, a command button and a sub form (whose source is the query itself). I want the query to show up within that subform when I hit the command button. Much like a small search engine. It works fine but the query opens in a new window. How do i make it NOT go to that new window and display the results in the sub form itself?

Hope that made sense. Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers!

mX

what do you have as the events of the button click?

--------------------------------------

try changing the on click event to

me.requery

Thumbs up response

Doesnt matter buddy. I figured it out. All I needed to do was in the requery the subform in the Events of the command button. Thanks for the response though.

Cheers!

mX