Exclamation Unanswered: Database Acting Strange

MY DATABASE FOR SHOPPING CART IS ACTING STRANGE IT HAS AUTOMATICALLY DESTOYED ALL PRIMARY KEYS. AND HAS CREATED 4 DUPLICATE RECORDS FOR EACH RECORD SO AT THIS STAGE I HAVE AROUNG 15000 RECORDS IN EACH TABLE IT MEANS 15 TIMES 4 60000 RECORDS. CAN ANYONE UPDATEME WHY THIS HAS HAPPENED AND WHAT CAN BE DONE TO DELETE EXISTING DUPLICATES. I NEED FAST REPLY IN THIS MATTER AS THIS IS URGENT. IF POSSIBLE KINDLY WRITE QUERIES TRIGGERS FOR FUTURE PROBLEMS AS WELL AS THESE DAYS I AM SICK SO MY BRAIN AINT WORKING IN THIS MATTER. URGENT URGENT URGENT THANKS ALOT I HAVE PREVIOUSLY POSTED AND HAVE GOT A GOOD RESPONSE. AND HOPE A GOOD ONE AGAIN. ONE MORE THING IS THAT I HAVE A BACKUP HERE AT MY OFFICE SYSTEM IT ALSO HAS DONE THE SAMETHING. I MADE A NEW DATABASE AND TRYED TO IMPORT DATA WITH DISTINCT KEYWORD BUUT IT IS NOT COPYING IT AS WELL. URGENT RESPONSE REQUIRED IF ANYONE CAN DO.

It's that damn Miracle thing againnn.....I hate when that happens...

Who else has sa rights to the server?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Provided Answers: 1
    Computers are like dogs. They can sense fear. You need to stop panicking and find out exactly when this occured, what was running, who was logged in, what the last code changes implemented were, etc...
    Standard problem solving mode.

SQL Server will not, of its own accord, drop keys and duplicate records. Someone or some code did this.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

...and if I could write queries and triggers for future problems I'd be a wealthy man.

blindman

Originally posted by blindman
    ...and if I could write queries and triggers for future problems I'd be a wealthy man.
    LOL

Still working on the AI_DBA module?
    Brett
    8-)

dbForums Member List

Oh, I finished that months ago. Works like a charm. But if I release it, I'd be out of a job.

If someone invented a light bulb that never burned out, who would want to manufacture them?

blindman

What does that module do?

AI_DBA module automatically and flawlessly performs all Database Administration and Development duties without the need for high-priced talent. It's user inteface consists of a single button that says "OK". It senses the manner and duration of the keypress to intuitively analyze the user's intentions and create a complete Requirements Document based upon the user's subconcious needs rather than just what they SAY they want, and completes the task within and regardless of all the unreasonable restrictions placed upon it by a boss who "knows better". It's "I told you so" submodule has been completely removed to spare any egos, and if you have an internet connection it automatically logs into dbforums three times each day and answers all questions containing the text words "date" and "format".

blindman

OK-OK, I got the drift

Originally posted by blindman
    AI_DBA module automatically and flawlessly performs all Database Administration and Development duties without the need for high-priced talent. It's user inteface consists of a single button that says "OK". It senses the manner and duration of the keypress to intuitively analyze the user's intentions and create a complete Requirements Document based upon the user's subconcious needs rather than just what they SAY they want, and completes the task within and regardless of all the unreasonable restrictions placed upon it by a boss who "knows better". It's "I told you so" submodule has been completely removed to spare any egos, and if you have an internet connection it automatically logs into dbforums three times each day and answers all questions containing the text words "date" and "format".
    Yup...that's about right....

I like the subconcious part....
    Brett
    8-)

dbForums Member List