Unanswered: Processing large amount of data

Hello everyone!
    I look for universal mechanism, which allows processing large amount of data at the DBS side. It should fulfill functions like stored procedures, but have to work both in Oracle and MSSQL. I know that there is SQLJ, which allows to wrote stored procedures under DB2, Oracle and others, but doesn't work with MSSQL. Do you know any tools, patterns which allows use Java code at Database server?
    Thanks for your advice,
    MP

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Processing large amount of data

Originally posted by logren
    Hello everyone!
    I look for universal mechanism, which allows processing large amount of data at the DBS side. It should fulfill functions like stored procedures, but have to work both in Oracle and MSSQL. I know that there is SQLJ, which allows to wrote stored procedures under DB2, Oracle and others, but doesn't work with MSSQL. Do you know any tools, patterns which allows use Java code at Database server?
    Thanks for your advice,
    MP
    First of all, SQLJ is not for stored procedures, not in DB2 at least. It's a way of embedding SQL statements into Java code.

Every database has its own unique way of dealing with Java SPs so it's not a universal mechanism. The closest you can get to universal is SQL stored procedures but even in that case you will end up re-writing parts of your code because of differences in SQL dialects and programming constructs available in each database.