Thread: Invoice Report

Unanswered: Invoice Report

Hi,

I have to build a report that prints out an invoice. The report ( or reports ) will get it's data from 2 queries ( qryOrders and qryOrderDetails ). qryOrders will always contain the same data which takes the same space, however, qryOrderDetails can grow in size considerably.

If the results of qryOrderDetails is larger than a page, will it grow onto the next page, pushing everything after it to the next page as well?

I'm not sure weather it's better to use a single report with fields bound to the proper queries, or to use a subform for the qyrOrderDetails.

Any ideas?

thanks!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

There are 10 kinds of people, ones that understand digital, others that dont

Re: Invoice Report

Yes if your detail get too big its going to push everything to the next page. But this how things are done. I mean if you have an invoice with 50 items on it, its going to be on two pages . How else will you fit all the details on one page !!!!

Originally posted by MrCrud
    Hi,

I have to build a report that prints out an invoice. The report ( or reports ) will get it's data from 2 queries ( qryOrders and qryOrderDetails ). qryOrders will always contain the same data which takes the same space, however, qryOrderDetails can grow in size considerably.

If the results of qryOrderDetails is larger than a page, will it grow onto the next page, pushing everything after it to the next page as well?

I'm not sure weather it's better to use a single report with fields bound to the proper queries, or to use a subform for the qyrOrderDetails.

Any ideas?

thanks!

yes, that's exactly what i want.

The real question is weather or not to use a sub report, or a single report with data from multiple queries and tables???
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

Sub report is the way to go...

Originally posted by MrCrud
    yes, that's exactly what i want.

The real question is weather or not to use a sub report, or a single report with data from multiple queries and tables???

can you give a few more details that explain why???

Will a sub report take all the necessary room on the main report, or only use the space it was given in the report's design?

Thanks!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud