Red face Unanswered: help!! keep losing page setup/margins for reports

I have a small problem and really need help with it. When I print my reports, sometimes the margins have just changed magically. I have to go to Page setup and reset the margins all over again. Is there a way to KEEP those settings all the time? My end users sometimes get stray pages with barely any info. on it. Please help!!!!

Bud

Lightbulb Service packs

Have you got all the latest service packs installed?

Which version of access are you using?
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull

Re: Service packs

Originally posted by garethdart
    Have you got all the latest service packs installed?

Which version of access are you using?
    Hi,
    Yes, I have downloaded and installed all the service packs that Microsoft had recently and I am using Access 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional. This doesn't seem to happen on all of my reports. It's nice to have a command button to print out reports without having to review them each time, but now I have to just to make sure it is saved the way I last set it up. Still needing help!!!!!

Unhappy Default printer

Have you tried setting the report to the default printer?

(Rather than formatting to YOUR printer? - Which will not be present on users machine)

Dont know if that will help?
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull

Re: Default printer

Originally posted by garethdart
    Have you tried setting the report to the default printer?

(Rather than formatting to YOUR printer? - Which will not be present on users machine)

Dont know if that will help?
    Oddly enough it does this when I set it to print to my printer as well. It will work well for quite some time, then all of a sudden it is gone. This happened sometime ago on something I was working on at home also. Is there a way to set the margins programatically when the button activates it to print? Is there code to format the report print margin settings?

Hey Bud,

Microsoft Access reports re-setting themselves... ARGH!

It's one of the most annoying issues in Microsoft Access, in my opinion. It could very well be the Name AutoCorrect setting in your Options dialog that's causing the problem. Name AutoCorrect is evil! Turn it off!

As a matter of fact, a few days ago I wrote a big old article about Report formatting and talked a little bit about the horrors of Name AutoCorrect (in particular the report re-formatting issue). You can see it here (It's AppTrix Volume 3, Issue 1):

http://www.davidbase.com/apptrix-backissues.php

Hope that helps!

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Davidbase
    Hey Bud,

Microsoft Access reports re-setting themselves... ARGH!

It's one of the most annoying issues in Microsoft Access, in my opinion. It could very well be the Name AutoCorrect setting in your Options dialog that's causing the problem. Name AutoCorrect is evil! Turn it off!

Thanks for the response David, however I didn't have Name Auto Correct on...I saw it but never did it. Do you know of any way I can run code for the report to automatically setup the report page formats when the report is being run? Maybe I'm doomed...

Hi,

the code you need is on http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302416

Good luck!