Thread: Interview ?

Unanswered: Interview ?

Hello,

I have a technical interview tomorrow with a company who is not technical so he decided to bring someone in from Oracle to interview me.
    I am a newbie to oracle forms. What kind of questions are typical on oracle forms?

Re: Interview ?

If you have not worked with Forms you can be lost. To lie in this area can be fatal for commercial recommendations.
    Joel Pérez

Re: Interview ?

Joel,

Thanks for replying. They do know that I have not worked with Oracle Forms. I just told them I am familiar with it.
    Is there some site other than oracle I can go on to read up on it.

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left
    Best thing you can do is keep open to the possibilities. I strongly doubt you could cover enough info to vastly augment your knowledge by tomorrow. If you try to augment your knowledge I feel you would be wasting time you could spend getting a good nights sleep studying arcane bits that might not be covered. Relax, enjoy your evening, interview tomorrow.

Are they really bringing in a person from Oracle or are they bringing in someone who knows Oracle? Unless they are paying some top dollar any person they bring in from Oracle might not know much more than you. (I mght be more concerned if the person wasn't from Oracle :-) ).

If you are really concerned slip the Oracle person $100 and tell him what areas you would like him to question you on. :-)
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".

Good luck.

Yeah, I meant to add that too.

bah! technical questions?!?!

When I got hired I came across some old sheets of technical questions they were asking OTHER applicants. To be honest, I couldn't answer HALF of them. Does that mean I cannot do my job properly and exceed expectations? HELL NO.

They DID ask me technical questions, but mainly it was in the form of scenarios like "How would you handle this situation?"

questions like: What is the command to list specific output of a file in Unix and throw the output into a new file?

who cares? it takes 2 seconds to look up 'cat', 'grep', 'tee', and 'pipe'

GOOD LUCK.
    I am interested in finding out what this Oracle guy asks you.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

me too. We are all pulling for you (unless of course it is a job we want :-) )

How did the interview go? Have you been too busy to keep us informed?? :-) Come on, we are all interviewing vicariously through you. Give us the scoop!

PS - If they didn't hire you on the spot I think they are idiots. :-)