Unanswered: Stopping the "Database Backedup" messages

We have implemented a simple form of failover which combines daily full backups, differentials every 10 minutes and log backups every minute. We developed this form of "poor man's replication" because we will be deploying 3,400 instances of SQL in our retail chain.

The event log is cluttered with "Database Backedup" messages from all of these backups. I altered the messages to "no log" but they continue to appear. Is there any way that I can disable these messages or are they hard wired?

"Poor" men with 3400 sqls? ho ho...

Did you change the SQL Agent Job itself to not write to the event log or did you just tell the Maintenance Plan not to do any reporting?
    if so,go to notifications on your SQL Agent and uncheck the offending box....

Originally posted by DesmondX
    "Poor" men with 3400 sqls? ho ho...

Did you change the SQL Agent Job itself to not write to the event log or did you just tell the Maintenance Plan not to do any reporting?
    if so,go to notifications on your SQL Agent and uncheck the offending box....
    It is not a maintenance plan but a job running TSQL to perform the various backups. I have checked to "write failures to the event log" when the job fails in the job's notification TAB. I see nowhere in the SQL Agent to disable the messages. I have already run the following procedures to disable the logging of the messages:
    EXEC sp_altermessage 18265, with_log, false
    EXEC sp_altermessage 18270, with_log, false
    EXEC sp_altermessage 18276, with_log, false

I'm calling this "poor man's" replication because we didn't want the administrative overhead of replication or log shipping in 3,400 stores. This solution is a simple backup and copy to another machine in the same store. If the server crashes, a script is manually run from the failover machine which will restore the latest full, latest differential and all log backups to bring the database to current.