Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    16

    Unhappy Unanswered: Can't access Oracle with ASP.NET app on 2003 Server

    Hello

    I am developing a Web Form application that has to retrieve data from an Oracle database.

    I am developing using XP Pro, VS.Net 2003 and .NET Framework 1.1. I have installed ODP.NET from Oracle. The code I'm using is as follows:
    Code:
    Dim cnOR As OracleConnection = New OracleConnection
    cnOR.ConnectionString = cnStrOR
    cnOR.Open() 
    Dim daDIN As OracleDataAdapter = New OracleDataAdapter
    daDIN.SelectCommand = New OracleCommand(SQL, cnOR)
    Dim dsOR As New DataSet
    daDIN.Fill(dsOR, "DIN")
    On the XP machine it works perfectly.
    When I install it on the Win2003 Server (latest patches etc.) it fails. I get the following error:
    Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll).

    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

    Exception Details: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll).

    Stack Trace:

    [DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll).]
    Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OpsTrace.GetRegTraceInfo( UInt32& TrcLevel) +0
    Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection..ctor() +40
    FaCE.showMember.createProducts() +8462
    FaCE.showMember.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +3229
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731
    The 'missing' DLL is in the same folder on both machines and the PATH commands have the same entries.

    Both machines have the same Oracle Products installed:
    • Oracle Data Provider for .NET 9.2.0.4.01
    • Oracle9i Client 9.2.1.0


    I have tried allocating permissions to the ASP.NET and IUSR accounts to the C:\oracle\ora92\bin folder on the server but that didn't help.

    I would appreciate any assistance on this.
    Thanks
    James

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Posts
    7,776
    Provided Answers: 1
    So why do you conclude this is an issue with Oracle software
    and not with your code or the Operating System?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    16
    Originally posted by anacedent
    So why do you conclude this is an issue with Oracle software
    and not with your code or the Operating System?
    I'm not casting stones at Oracle. There is something wrong with how ODP.NET is setup/operating on the Server. I know the code is OK as it works. What I'm after is help on how to setup the server so that the application will function.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Posts
    7,776
    Provided Answers: 1
    So go to a forum where ODP.NET is discussed/supported.
    Not loading/finding a DLL is well outside the realm of Oracle s/w;
    and Oracle s/w happens to be OS independent for the most part.
    I don't do Windoze!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    16
    I posted here because I was hoping to access people with Oracle experience. ODP.Net is an ORACLE product so I (obviously mistakenly) thought this was a logical place to put the message. Surprisingly some Oracle people do do "Windoze". I'm sorry if this upsets your very cloistered view of the world.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    370
    Oracle9i Client 9.2.1.0?
    Do you want to check that?

    You need at least 9.2.0.3.0 for Windows 2003

    9.2.0.4 is available.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    16
    Thanks for that!

    I'll organise the upgrade.

    Regards
    James

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11
    i'm using XP and having similar issues..

    here's the error i see in my logs:

    SeNTReport::Execute BEGIN
    2005-02-28 14:42:30,380 [1376] DEBUG SeNTReporter.SeNTReport - Using DBConnectionString: Data Source=SENTDB.ETS.COM; User ID=SENTPROTO; Password=SENTPROTO
    2005-02-28 14:42:30,490 [1376] ERROR SeNTReporter.SeNTReport - Failed to Execute SeNTReport: at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OpsTrace.GetRegTraceInfo( UInt32& TrcLevel)
    at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection..ctor()
    at ETS.SeNT.Common.SeNTDataAccess..ctor(String connString) in c:\ets\svn\prototype\namespaces\ets.sent.common\se ntdataaccess.cs:line 29
    at SeNTReporter.SeNTReport.Execute(String reportName, String program, String adminMonth, String primStartDate, String primEndDate, String secStartDate, String secEndDate, String orderNum, String refInfo, String routeType, String resolvedFlag, DataGrid ResultsDataGrid) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\sentreporter\sentreport.cs:line 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •