Unhappy Unanswered: How to use a Combo Box in a Data Access Page to change the criteria of a query?

Hi Folks!

I have saved a Report as a Data Access Page in order to make it update it's data dynamically.

I would like to add an interactive touch by allowing users to select the information for a particular month.

To do this, I think I need to put some kind of variable into the "Months" column criteria box in the query, I then need to set up a variable based upon the selected value of a combo box containing all the possible "Months" values. This variable and combo box somehow need to either influence the existing query created in access, or form part of a query based within the Data Access Page.

I'm afraid all this is speculation. Does anyone out there know a solution to this requirement?

I'd be very grateful for any advice on this!

Cheers,

Luke

On your Data Access Page, you should "promote" the selection field as Group heading. Than, for the said group, you should select de field as Filter. I do not remember exactly how it is done, but I did it some time ago

Thanks for your idea marp!!

I had a go and managed to get that technique to work!!

But ideally I was hoping to display the different reports using a single report in the same space on the page without expanding and collapsing the reports and showing them all together

Thanks a lot though!! You have provided me with a good second option if I am unable to make the page work in exactly the way I want it to!

If you know how to make it work in the way I have described above, please let me know how.

Cheers!!

Luke