Unanswered: What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I have a form and a button on that form which, when clicked, should go to the additional info that is stored in another form. I inserted the following code:

Private Sub ButtonName_Click()
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmMelding", acViewNormal, , "Melding_ID=forms!frmMeldingenOverzicht!Melding_ID "

End Sub

..but I must be doing something wrong because the new form (frmMelding) opens to the first record in that form and not to the record that I specified.

PLEASE help because I don't know what I am doing wrong.

try Me.Melding_ID=forms!frmMeldingenOverzicht!Melding_ ID

No luck

That doesn't work. It asks me for a parameter and then shows me a blanc form.

Hi,

try to make your button with the wizard.

And read the wizard very, very carefuly. You will find the right solution for you.
    You shold either delete the old button or simple make a new one.

After them you should look to the code, whats the wizards result. This is a good way to learn code.

Have a nice day.

Max

Charlotte,

je problemen ken ik ook. Ze hebben meestal te maken met het feit dat Access problemen heeft met controls op een form die precies dezelfde naam dragen als de field waarvoor ze gebruikt worden.

Maak er een goede gewoonte van om je controls een andere naam te geven. Voorbeeld voor het veld MeldingID gebruik je bijv. een control die je de naam txtMeldingID geeft.
    Dan wordt je code het volgende :
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmMelding", acViewNormal, , "Melding_ID=forms!frmMeldingenOverzicht!txtMelding _ID"

Let er op dat in de Where-clause eerst de veldnaam gebruikt moet worden van de te openen form en dan de naam van de control op de eerste form.

Probeer maar eens.

thankyou,

the problem is though that the 'new' report is a query based on a table. So I don't see how I can change the names. I'll think about it and thankyou very much for your help.