Smile Unanswered: Easy to understand Apache/PHP/MySQL install on XP box

Hi,

I wanted to share this with everyone. Hopefully it might save someone some time and trouble in the future.

I wanted to be able to work with PHP on my XP box that was configured and running IIS and ASP. So I poked around the PHP, Apache, MySQL sites and downloaded the apps and some of their documentation. I went 'round and 'round and had more than my share of unsuccessful attempts at setting up all three applications.

Some of the documentation was inaccruate and to make a long story short after a I did lots of reading and more reading and lots of searching and more searching. I waded through what seemed like a ton of different fragmented bits and pieces of installation notes from a lot of different areas. I finally got blessed with the following web site.

http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/Apach...under-Windows/

It would have been great if I had this documentation to start off with. It has everything you need to know to find, install, configure, and test the environment using all three applications.

I hope that this saves someone a lot of trouble....
    Last edited by wizbang; 01-22-04 at 00:27.
    If the software doesn't work then I suggest that you call the Support Team... I'm a Developer!

I Like Pizza Alot!
    Wiz...

This seems pretty useful, I've made it sticky.

Originally posted by rhs98
    This seems pretty useful, I've made it sticky.
    Great! thanks. I wish you had the sticky when I was going through it LOL!
    If the software doesn't work then I suggest that you call the Support Team... I'm a Developer!

I Like Pizza Alot!
    Wiz...

next time?!

Provided Answers: 59
    these days you will almost certainlybe better off downlaoding something like XAMPP. however if you do go down the XAMPP route then make certain you take the recommended security and post downlaod steps to make your installation secure(r)
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton