Unanswered: Unable to create new database from backup.

Hi,
    Am using DB2 UDB version 7, on windows NT. I had created a backup of a database using the control center. Once this was done, I dropped the database. Now am trying to create a new database from the backup using control center, but am not able to do so.
    Am trying the following option: "Manually Enter the backup image information"
    Am getting the following error message : "SQL2542N No match for a database image file was found based on the source database alias "MCTSMI" and timestamp "20030802095100" provided"
    "MCTSMI" is the name of the db that am trying to create.
    would Appreciate any help in this regard.
    thanks,
    prabhu.

Hi,

You didn't write the fixpack level od DB2. As I remeber db2 control center v7 had some problems with backups. If I remeber this problem was solved with fixpack 5 (not sure).

The problem was: Control center was incorrectly shown the date values. So clicking on calendar produced the wrong dates. The work around was to manualy enter the date in Date field as format: YYYY.MM.DD

Sample date: 2004.01.05 for 5th of january 2004.

I don't know if this solves your problem. Please post the fixpack level of DB2. (execute the db2level command with DB2 Command Window).

Thanks,
    Grofaty

Thanks Grofaty,
    I tried to manually enter date, using the format that you had provided, but i got an invalid date format error.
    The db2level gave me the following, I am not sure how to decode this and know the fix pack level.

"DB21085I Instance "DB2" uses DB2 code release "SQL07020" with level identifier
    "03010105" and informational tokens "DB2 v7.1.0.40", "n010415" and "WR21254"."

thanks again for your help.
    thanks,
    prabhu.

Prabhu

See if this link helps

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...com%26rnum%3D1

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thanks Satyaram,
    I was able to restore the backup to a new database. This I was able to do on the command prompt, I have not tasted success using the control center GUI though
    Anyways, thanks a bunch.
    thanks,
    prabhu.