Angry Unanswered: Subtotals on form

Everybody knows the subtotals on a report but I'm looking for a way to display subtotals on a form (continuous form!).
    Of course, these subtotals must reflect all changes made to the data in the form.

Anybody have a bright idea on this one?

Re: Subtotals on form

Originally posted by Herman
    Everybody knows the subtotals on a report but I'm looking for a way to display subtotals on a form (continuous form!).
    Of course, these subtotals must reflect all changes made to the data in the form.

Anybody have a bright idea on this one?
    And where would you have these "totals" display? In the footer? What you could do is perform a calculation in the Form_AfterUpdate event to refresh your totals ...

Re: Subtotals on form

I also thought of that. Problem is that I need subtotals as well.

I try to explain :
    Fields : Article, Type, Weight

I need a form on all articles (continuous form, ordened on Type) with the subtotal weight of all articles of 1 type and the total weight of all articles (including all types)

The total weight is no problem, I can put this one in the footer.

The problem is that I want also the subtotals (=total weight of all articles in 1 type) to appear under the last record of a series of articles of 1 type.

Any ideas are welcome!

The only way that I can see this (initially) is to write a subtotal record between different groups of records Tagged with a "SubTotal" flag ... Then what I said before applies: run a process to update the subtotal record after a record update. AND make sure to use conditional formatting to lock all the subtotal record fields.

OK, your logic makes sense! I'll give it a try.

Should you find anything else to solve this, do let me know. One can only improve the existing!

Thanks

make a query with a calculated field , this field is the total of by example all articles of type 1, like this you don't have to store it in your database. You can update the field by running the query after an update, lostfocus,...

is this what you mean?

greetz
    ... man man man ...

daff,

thanks for the tip but it does not solve exactly my problem.
    The main trouble here is to get everything together on the same form, the calculation does not bother me, it's the layout of my screen that's giving me a headache

thx anyway