Thread: Tablespace woes

Unanswered: Tablespace woes

Hi,

I am getting the following error:

SQL0290N Table space access is not allowed. SQLSTATE=55039

I list tablespaces and find that one is in Quiesce:
    - Detailed explanation: Quiesced: SHARE

So in control centre I go to right-click on one of the tables in the offending tablespace, select Quiesce, and Quiesce reset. I then try and update / insert the table and then other tables and I get the same error.

So, I try in command centre, enter the following for a different table in the same tablespace:
    - QUIESCE TABLESPACES FOR TABLE schema.table RESET

Try and update / insert on this table and it fails, check the list tablespaces and find it is still: Detailed explanation: Quiesced: SHARE

I am doing something wrong here or have I missed something out. Is there a direct command you can issue which will alter the tablespace state - i.e. Alter/Update tablespace tablespacename.

I'll wait for any replies before tinkering anymore because i think thats what got me into this situation in the first place!

Richard

Re: Tablespace woes

I would do a quiesce reset on all tables in the tablespace

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: Tablespace woes

Yep, I tried that but no sucess, however I did each table individually. Is it possible to actually say - 'quiesce reset all tables in tablespace' in one sql statement?

Its not a major problem now as I backup each evening and was able to recreate the db from last night's backup. Just more out of curiosity now as to why I couldn't change the state - I am going to hang on to that db for a little while and see if there is anything else that can be done.

Cheers
    Richard

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    I would do a quiesce reset on all tables in the tablespace

Cheers
    Sathyaram

The quiesce reset must be done by the id which quiesced the table in the first place. However, if another id tries to quiesce (in any manner) that table before the original user releases the quiesce, then it is very hard to get that quiesce released. In a partitioned environment, it is preferable to try and quiesce reset from the node from which the initial quiesce request was made. It is kind of sensitive.