Unanswered: How to disable multiple connection on a same adp

Hi all

Pls is there a way to disable users to open mutiple session of an access project file.

Assuming that there is may be a specific database properties to set for above issue

rgds
    Benone

What does that mean?

This is another Access question?

If you build a poorly written Access app (and I've seen'em) A single form could open a dozen connections...what are your really trying to accomplish?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Come on Brett !!

Let us more clear ... i have an access project file that connect to a remote sql server database ... Disabling the shift down key and By passing the default log on screen in setting "Persist security Info" to false i have created my own form that users should use to connect on front end ...

My log on form reads Server name and database from a xml file and then attempt an physically connection of adp checking first wheter the sql service is turn on and using base connection string for adp..

However when someone attempt to open mutiple sessions on the same adp my autoexec macro that starts the log on form breaks the code and asks for debug as u may know that Access opens adp file as read only if there is already a running instance of same...

I don't like the fact that access behave like this ie asking for debug when running the autoexec macro so my expectation is to find out one solution to set in order to stop access at startup and popup users a messenge " You can not open two session of the same adp"

hope that this look like less funny
    Benone

Still looking for a reply guys - cheers
    Benone