Thread: ociw32.dll

Unanswered: ociw32.dll

Hi,

two issues:

one:I have removed Oracle from my system manually in accordance with the directions I got from Oracle, but I have ociw32.dll still in c:\oracle\ora1\bin and I can not delete it. that is my windows 2000 will not let me. it says it might in use but does not tell me which program maybe in use. can anyone help on this?

two: I have an Oracle 8i CD that I use to install and deinstall Oracle on my Win2k however, somehow, when the CD is inserted, it brings up the install/deinstall menu but the option does not work anymore. has anyone ever encountered this problem? and is so, what was the solution knowing that the CD is not scratched and was working when I first installed it.

Thank you for you anticipated help.

Problem 1
    This is a known Microsoft issue:

Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MS DTC) loads the Ociw32.dll file without request. This prevents uninstalling Oracle 8.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q233297

Problem 2
    Don't know.

Re: ociw32.dll

Originally posted by alexxx15
    Hi,

two issues:

one:I have removed Oracle from my system manually in accordance with the directions I got from Oracle, but I have ociw32.dll still in c:\oracle\ora1\bin and I can not delete it. that is my windows 2000 will not let me. it says it might in use but does not tell me which program maybe in use. can anyone help on this?

two: I have an Oracle 8i CD that I use to install and deinstall Oracle on my Win2k however, somehow, when the CD is inserted, it brings up the install/deinstall menu but the option does not work anymore. has anyone ever encountered this problem? and is so, what was the solution knowing that the CD is not scratched and was working when I first installed it.

Thank you for you anticipated help.
    I have found that cleaning the Windows registry will uaually solve this problem.
    Open regedit, search for entries containing "ora" and determine if they are associated w/ Oracle by reading the entry. If they are.... delete 'em.
    Reboot, then remove your ociw32.dll