Unanswered: how can i automate 300 times the same entry

Following *Newbie* Problem: Thanx a lot for helping!

Strucure of my db

[Addresses] 1-n[AddrCont]n-1[Contacts]

[Addresses]: are addresses ;-) indexd with a key number
    [Contacts]: are events like "2003 X-Mas Letter", "Happy BD card" etc. also indexed with a key number

[AddrCont]: is a db with just the two key numbers that links them

Out of [Addresses] I have selected about 300 entries. Now I would like to link them to a specific [Contact]. How can I do this without typing 300 times the same number?
    Last edited by aurel; 01-22-04 at 10:32.

Re: how can i automate 300 times the same entry

If I'm understanding you correctly... You simply have to go to query design... Add all three tables... Create inner joins from Address to AddCont and then from AddCont to Contacts... Joining on the matching key fields... Then select all of the fields that you want from Address and Contact... It should be no problem...

HTH...

Re: how can i automate 300 times the same entry

I try to explain better:

The tables are allready linked.

Then I have created a form with the data out of [addresses] with fields like: name, street, town etc

Into this from I have put a subform. This subform contains the data out of [addrCont] and has the fields:addN (key number of [addresses]) and contN (key number of [contact]).

The subform is an endless form.

When I create a new record in the subfrom (so a new record in the [addrCont] db) the addN is via strLinkCriteria automatically put in. The contN I choose out of a Combo Box built out of the records of [contact].

I now have filtered 300 addresses to wich I'd like to add a specific contact event. What I now do is to click 300 times from address record to record and then via the subform add this contact event (i.e. the related conN).

I am sure this can be done more easely. If I'm not clear enough in my description, I'm sorry! Thank you for your help anyway!

Aurel