Unanswered: Switchboard Manager Problems

I'm having several problems manipulating the switchboard manager in Access 2002 SP2.

The first is I've created two option buttons. One with a value of 1 and the other with a value of 2. Option button 1 stays selected, regardless of how many times I try to un-select it.

The second problem is that I have created a list box using the list box wizard. I've selected for Access to "remember the value of later use" however I can find no documentaion on where Access "remembers the value". In addition, I can't select any of the items on the list boxes. When I place the box on a none switchboard form I don't have the selection problem.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Is the switchboard only good for addition buttons using the switchboard manager?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Jim Lowe; 01-22-04 at 18:24.

Re: Switchboard Manager Problems

Originally posted by Jim Lowe
    I'm having several problems manipulating the switchboard manager in Access 2002 SP2.

The first is I've created two option buttons. One with a value of 1 and the other with a value of 2. Option button 1 stays selected, regardless of how many times I try to select it.

The second problem is that I have created a list box using the list box wizard. I've selected for Access to "remember the value of later use" however I can find no documentaion on where Access "remembers the value". In addition, I can't select any of the items on the list boxes. When I place the box on a none switchboard form I don't have the selection problem.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Is the switchboard only good for addition buttons using the switchboard manager?

Thanks.
    Hi Jim...

I noticed nobody has answered this yet, so I figured I answer SOME of your question...

The only answer I have for you is, no... the switchboard is not only good for buttons... I have altered switchboards many times... I've added subforms and all kinds of controls...

I have no idea why you are having the problems you are... Could you possibly post a sample database file without any confidential information?

Thanks Trudi,

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to do that. I don't have access to any server space on the web.

What I am simply trying to do is add a non bound list box and option group to the switchboard. It seems that I can do this to any other form but when I try to do it on the switchboard the items in the box or the option group becomes un-selectable.

Now, by it's very nature the switchboard is bound to the switchboard items table but I wouldn't think that would matter. I can add unbound list boxes to other bound forms.

When using the wizard to add an unbound box to a bound form you have the option to "remember the value for later use." Not that this matters because I can't select the object when I run the form but I'd like to know where access is "remembering the value."

On any regular form I simply use the items selected property of the list box or .findfirst method applied to Forms.<The Bound Form>.RecordsetClone (DAO). The later doesn't work with the switchboard but I figure the former will if I can just figure out why I can't select items in the list box.

Thanks.