Wink Unanswered: Command button color?

I have a silly question....

Anyone know how to change the color of command buttons...??

Gray is sooo not right for my color scheme :P

Re: Command button color?

Originally posted by sublimsos
    I have a silly question....

Anyone know how to change the color of command buttons...??

Gray is sooo not right for my color scheme :P
    That's not a silly question! Esthetic value is very important to the user! lol

Seriously though... Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know, you can't change the face color of a command button... ...You could switch it to Picture but not just change the color...

HOWEVER, you CAN use labels instead of command buttons, make their Special Effect property = Raised and change the Back Color to whatever you'd like... Labels have an On Click event just like command buttons...

HTH

Yeah, but....

I like the "clicking" effect... my users aren't the most savvy in the world. If it doesn't move like a button, must not work like a button. Get my drift?

Not a huge problem, just a pet peeve of mine that I can't figure out how to do it... You're right. People like "pretty" programs and are more prone to be interested in using them.

It's important to me that my users be excited about working with the program, as the more involvement they have, the more useful the program is for everyone involved.

Originally posted by sublimsos
    Yeah, but....

I like the "clicking" effect... my users aren't the most savvy in the world. If it doesn't move like a button, must not work like a button. Get my drift?
    So make it click...

Code:
    Private Sub lblFakeButton_MouseDown()
    lblFakeButton.SpecialEffect = 2   'Sunken
    End Sub

Private Sub lblFakeButton_MouseUp()
    lblFakeButton.SpecialEffect = 1   'Raised
    End Sub

What I like to do is make my own buttons using button making software for web pages. You should be able to find something the net to download. You save the buttons as images and put them on your forms. You can also get the clicking effect happening like Trudi posted. I also make a copy of each button in a contrasting colour and use Mouse Move Events to hide the top image exposing the contrasting button underneath.

See attachment. I haven't included any of the functions that the buttons actually perform and I haven't included the clicking effect because it doesn't look that good because the buttons are not rectangular. If you made buttons that were rectangular the clicking effect looks good.

Also note that having lots of images in your database will in crease its file size drmatically. Bmp's and Gif's work better than Jpg's. Don't ask me why but they do. Even if the file size of a Bmp is more than a Jpg, the jpg will increase the size of your database more than a bmp.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 1
    Also see http://www.lebans.com/cmdbutton.htm there you will find your request and more

Thumbs up

it s easy with this sample
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well. Who knew... other than you guys of course.

Thanks a bundle! I'll play around and see what works best!

Or.... stick to grey. Eck!