Thread: foxpro problem

Unanswered: foxpro problem

I am running 2 programs on the same hard drive that are both foxpro 2.6 programs. I cannot run both at the same time. What happens is when i open one up the other closes down. I need to have both programs on together for office operations to run. Can this problem be solved with out major headaches. Any help will be appreciated.

Can you provide any more details? Is there an error message or is that the way the programs are designed? Such as code in the program to shut any other instances down.
    Unless there is some code in the program itself, there is no reason you can't have more than one app running at a time.
    DSummZZZ

Even more Fox stuff at
    www.davesummers.net/foxprolinks.htm

I sent an e-mail with some suggestions. Just in case it may help any one else, I will post those suggestions here too:

Regarding your e-mail message, You're welcome.
    There may be some things not set up properly on your computer, which may be issues.
    One thing to check into is getting rid of temp files. Too many can cause problems.
    Next, make sure there are sufficient roghts to the temp files directory.
    It's possible the tables need to be reindexed. Recreate the indexes from scratch though, don't just reindex.
    Next, delete any FOXUSER files you can find (FOXUSER.DBF, FOXUSER.FPT). Don't worry, it won't hurt anything, they will be recreated automatically anyway.
    Add the following lines to a CONFIG.FP (if running Foxpro DOS), or CONFIG.FPW (if Foxpro Windows or Visual FoxPro):

EXCLUSIVE=OFF
    RESOURCE=OFF
    DSummZZZ

Even more Fox stuff at
    www.davesummers.net/foxprolinks.htm