Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    369

    Question Unanswered: opening a mdb with a parametre that triggers the next step?

    I want to automate the following process:

    From the original development database, I regularly:
    - save it with a new name (copy),
    - then run Compact & Repair on the new file,
    - then encrypt the new mdb,
    - then making a mdE of it... (another new file...)

    As some of the steps involves a new file with the same code, I want to open the new db with a parametre that makes the new one continue the next step of the above process...

    Can this be accomplished?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    465

    Re: opening a mdb with a parametre that triggers the next step?

    Originally posted by kedaniel
    I want to automate the following process:

    From the original development database, I regularly:
    - save it with a new name (copy),
    - then run Compact & Repair on the new file,
    - then encrypt the new mdb,
    - then making a mdE of it... (another new file...)

    As some of the steps involves a new file with the same code, I want to open the new db with a parametre that makes the new one continue the next step of the above process...

    Can this be accomplished?
    Y.... te diria que le asunto es medio complicado ....pero se podria hacer
    Saludos
    Norberto

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    369

    Question Re: opening a mdb with a parametre that triggers the next step?

    Originally posted by Norberto
    Y.... te diria que le asunto es medio complicado ....pero se podria hacer
    Vale, vale, pero si posible, porque (medio) complicado?

    - if it is possible at all, the steps of this process looks fairly straight-forward to me, the only issue is to pass on the parametre, could even be done by writing/clearing the contents of a given text file on disk...

    Do you know just how it would be possible to pass on and retrieve a "parametre"? What command/syntax is relevant here?

    (Estoy Noruego, hablar un poco Español, prepararme para un proyecto de callejeros/ninjos de calle de algunas paises de Latin-America. Mis servicios comerciales financiar "seguridad/formacion/eh- health..". :-))

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    465

    Re: opening a mdb with a parametre that triggers the next step?

    Originally posted by kedaniel
    Vale, vale, pero si posible, porque (medio) complicado?

    - if it is possible at all, the steps of this process looks fairly straight-forward to me, the only issue is to pass on the parametre, could even be done by writing/clearing the contents of a given text file on disk...

    Do you know just how it would be possible to pass on and retrieve a "parametre"? What command/syntax is relevant here?

    (Estoy Noruego, hablar un poco Español, prepararme para un proyecto de callejeros/ninjos de calle de algunas paises de Latin-America. Mis servicios comerciales financiar "seguridad/formacion/eh- health..". :-))
    Make a function call by a form.
    In this function use the shell sentence Shell(pathname[,windowstyle])
    with a few macros.
    The shell is for make the copy and open the new base.
    The macros is for make:
    Repair
    Compact
    Make an MDE file
    I hope that help you. ( Sorry for my english ).
    Saludos
    Norberto

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •